Jasmyne: My Winter Skincare Savior



Due to the dramatic title, I bet you guys are expecting something amazing from today's post, which is exactly what I'm going to give you because, ladies and gentlemen, I've found my new obsession. Now, I'm aware that I make the previous statement approximately 4 times each week about different products, however, this time, I'm declaring it with the utmost seriousness.

Winter is a really difficult time for me with regards to skincare: I happen to be a part of the dry skin squad, meaning that, during Winter, whilst people with combination skin are complaining about the slightest dry patch, I have reptilian scales on my face and body. Although that may have been a cheeky bit of hyperbole, I do genuinely struggle as we enter into the colder months, which is why, today, I'm going to introduce you to my latest CRAZE: Jasmyne.


Jasmyne, a brand created by the wonderful Gayle Dickson, is a small UK based face, hair and body care brand that's definitely risen to the top of my favourites list since I started using their products in late August. So, as usual, like every year, coming into November, I was dreading the date that my dry skin would start to kick in, however, much to my surprise, it hasn't so far and, for that success, I have Gayle and Jasmyne to thank profusely for the generously gifted products.


Therefore, I've put together, for you, a series of reviews of the Jasmyne products I've been loving lately - without further ado, let's get into it!




Skin softening cleanser (200ml) - £19.00 

This beautiful cleanser is the prime example of a product that fulfils its promises. Since beginning to incorporate it into my routine, my skin has felt so much smoother, velvety and just squeaky clean in general - my pores almost as if they've had a gentle massage directly after use! Regarding the previous point, I shall insist upon the word 'gentle' - it's is 100% suitable for sensitive skin, as there's absolutely nothing irratative about it. And, with the addition of essential oils (such as Argan, Rosemary, Sweet Almond and Eucalyptus), this cleanser has so much to offer in terms of scent, texture and effects - I totally recommend it.



Soothing rose toner (200ml) - £19.00

Due to the fact that it goes hand in hand with our previous product, next up, we have the toner which (surprise, surprise...) I've also been obsessed with. Unlike many other toners I've tried, this one isn't drying in any way, shape or form (thanks to the Lavender floral water), which is an obvious godsend for somebody with my type of skin. In addition to that, this product is also incredibly unique based on the usage of pure Aloe Vera juice instead of Aloe Vera power mixed with water (which is what most brands try to fob off as 'Aloe Vera water'... smh.) meaning that one can experience the true rejuvenating and collagen-boosting benefits that the natural plant provides. Finally, Rose floral water is added to the 'potion' in order to create a calming effect on the skin, as well as to balance the pH level, thus formulating the perfect toner.



Skin secrets golden elixir face oil (30ml) - £35.00

Gorgeous and golden, this oil is one of my favourite products within the selection - I even have it on right now as I'm writing this post! There are way too many stunning essential oils to mention (we'd be here for quite a while...) however, all of them play a role in order to create a type of "superfood' for the skin, softening, hydrating and plumping at the same time as providing a really natural and healthy glow to the face. I totally recommend using a few drops of this either as a replacement moisturiser or under your night cream - it feels amazing as it's being absorbed and you'll definitely see the difference in your skin afterwards.


Skin secrets day cream (50ml) - £27.00

Remaining on the whole 'Skin Secrets' theme, I give you this wonderful day cream that's been rocking my world of late and protecting my dry skin from the harsh weather conditions. With a unique texture that's nourishing yet at the same time light weight, it's really easy to blend in and wear on a day to day basis and again, like the other products (Gayle really gets her ingredients spot on), contains so many amazing elements (notably pseudo collagen, Vitamin BC, hydrolysed oats infusion and several different oils)  that come together and create something special for the skin. I guarantee you guys would love this just as much as I do, especially given the time of year.

Skin secrets night cream (50ml) - £32.00
Apart from the addition of Vitamin C and Glycerine, this moisturiser's formula, specially designed for overnight wear, doesn't vary an awful lot from the day cream, however, the effect on the skin is still amazing. Fitting in with the tendencies of your bog standard night cream, the texture is slightly heavier and richer than its daytime designed counterpart, however, I've noticed a huge difference in the brightness and visible fine lines (I laugh an awful lot, okay...) on my face which, of course, I'm delighted to see. Therefore, I 100% recommend this night cream to anyone - you could potentially obtain some very pleasing results just from implementing it into your routine.




Velveteen Body Cream (100ml) - £20.00
Migrating over to the body care section, the Velveteen body cream is an absolute star when it comes to moisturising and softening the skin - I haven't stopped using it since I received it. I, personally, engage in a lot of swimming and water sports (every Marina is meant to be a mermaid!) and, as you probably know, the pool contains a certain level of Chlorine, which can be incredibly drying when in contact with skin. Thus, I've been searching for something more heavy duty that could satisfy my needs and this product is for sure the one; with its delicate vanilla scent, Shea butter and gorgeous oils, the nourishment this body cream provides is undeniable, which is why it won't be leaving my collection anytime soon.



Soothe and smooth hands and feet balm (50ml) - £15.00
And last, but not least (ah... so predictable), is a product that I've been using lately for the prevention of cracked heels, elbows and rough hands, which are all very common occurrences when one is exposed to cold weather. Naturally, this smells AMAZING (I can't stress that enough - I feel almost as if I'm about to apply a Terry's Chocolate Orange each time I unscrew the lid!) and definitely does it's job, as being ashy on any part of my body is literally my worst nightmare. I even passed some to one of my friends (he constantly has cracked heels) who is now absolutely obsessed with the stuff - if you suffer from something similar or, like me, aim to prevent it, this is the perfect remedy.


Overall, I can't really fault any of the products from Jasmyne - they're all completely natural (you guys know that we like natural here!), really effective and, importantly, made with love by somebody who has a vested interest in the improvement of the customer's skin, not just profit. Hence why I'm very proud to support Gayle's brand and urge you, next time you're in need of some new, luxurious face, hair and body goodies, to pop Jasmyne at the top of the list - you won't regret it.



Thank you so much for reading today's post - it took a while to put together, as I wanted to really go in depth with each review and my thoughts, but it was definitely worth it. 

Would you consider purchasing some Jasmyne products? If so, which ones?

Let me know in the comment section below, along with any other feedback, queries or contributions you may like to add - I love hearing from each and every one of you! Also, don't forget to follow this blog for regular post updates, meaning that you'll never miss another write-up again!

Until next time,
Marina Rosie x 

66 comments

  1. The day cream sounds like something I would definitely use this time of the year, with the weather getting colder, my skin gets drier than usual so I always add extra products for hydration.

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading Yiota! x Yes - the day cream has been my go to lately, pretty much all of the time; hydration is so important! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. I like to discover new brands so thank you for these suggestions! The avocado/shea butter body cream looks very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're very welcome! I, too, am obsessed with the Velveteen body cream - it's so nourishing! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Beautifully taken photos! Winter skincare is so important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alice, how lovely! xx I know - can't have that dry skin! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks a lot :D

    I'm in love with this brand. Looks fabulous :o

    NEW REVIEW POST | Velvety, Matt and IMPEC SKIN in one Primer.
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No problem! xx SO glad you love the look of the brand - the products are just amazing! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. I'm also having a problem with my skin during winter and how I wish they have that kind of product here too in California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Christine! xx Oh well at least I'm not alone - we're in it together! By the looks of things, Jasmyne products do ship to the US, so I'd definitely recommend going over and picking something up! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you have such a great winter skin care routine! These products look awesome - I love the ingredients ��.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks so much! xx Gotta keep that skin snatched during Winter eh?! x They're absolutely amazing and they've been keeping my skin looking and feeling right as we're approaching the colder months! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. another very good post marina and thanks for sharing a new brand! my skin is oily most of the time but right now its actually becoming a bit patchy which is bothering me. i love the sound of the golden oil and the chocolate orange balm and will definitely be purchasing either of those as a treat for myself this Christmas! xxx
    Ell xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ellie, so glad to be able to show you a new and innovative brand! xx Well, we can both thank our lucky stars that, although it's patchy, we've not got it too bad in terms of skin! The Golden Elixir face oil is like magic for the skin and, yes, if you have trouble with ashy skin, the balm will sort you RIGHT out! Haha, have a fabulous christmas with your Jasmyne products! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  8. reptilian skin describes my skin in winter perfectly as well haha. These looks lovely and I love that they are form a smaller brand. the night cream looks incredible xx Brynn

    https://www.brynnieblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - reptiles together then, that's sorted! xx They're honestly really wonderful products and Gayle has worked for years formulating them, which makes them even more worth while. Yassss, I've been repping the night cream all November and I've really been loving the effects! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. These sound like great all-natural products. They must smell define too. I'm trying to switch over to all-natural products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Kim! xx They smell AMAZING! Oh, so happy for you - all natural products are so good so definitely let me know how your journey goes! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. i really need to update my skin routine, thank u for sharing love xx
    http://keepitfeisty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're so welcome, thanks very much for reading gorge! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  11. Love this post! My skin always get super dry during this time of the year and I've been needing to adjust my skincare routine accordingly. I'd love to try out the golden face oil!

    xo, Lisette | www.street-stride.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisette, really glad you enjoyed it! xx Another member of the dry skin squad - we've got to stick together eh! x The face oil has been amazing for maintaining glowing skin, despite the cold! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  12. I've never heard of their products before but they sound really good.
    https://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have been able to introduce you to something new Courtney! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  13. The Skin Softening Cleanser sounds amazing! I love the ingredients in it. I must keep my eye out for this brand! xx

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do keep at least one eye out for Jasmyne - I'm predicting good things! xx The cleanser is definitely a stand out product! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  14. I love Vitamin C in skincare. do you get these products outside of the UK?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, obsessed with it as an ingredient! x You can definitely check on the website as Jasmyne ships to more countries than the UK - have a look if you can get some shipped over to you! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  15. I'll definitely try the soothing rose toner. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Please do! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  16. I’ve never heard of this product! Thank you for introducing it. I agree, winter skin care is important. I have oily skin so I’m a little different, but I agree that skin care I winter is so important! ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Jessica! x I'm really happy to have been able to show you Jasmyne and that you liked the products! Yes, although you have oily skin, nourishing skincare is so important, as lack of moisture causes the skin to produce even more sebum, thus increasing the oil level! x So these will be fabulous for you! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  17. Thanks for sharing your views. Would love to share this with my female friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for reading even though it's not necessarily your thing - do save it to share, that's lovely! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  18. Will have to look into those is there a website to go to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is hun, I linked it in pink a fair few times but perhaps you didn't realise! My bad, here you are: https://www.jasmyne.co.uk/ x Have fun on the site! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie x

      Delete
  19. What an incredible range of products Marina! Always love it when you introduce me to new brands :) It's hard to pick from such an amazing selection, but the face oil, day cream, and night cream are calling out to my dry winter skin! 😍 The ingredients in these products just sound lovely!

    Jenny | Geeky Posh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading Jenny - your comments mean a lot to me as you're someone I have so much respect for in the blogosphere. Really glad to hear that you're liking the sound of Jasmyne - all of the products are so stunning! x Another member of the dry skin squad eh? Well, the face oil, day and night cream will sort you right out, gorgeous!
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  20. Probably the hand and foot balm, the only part of my skin that gets very dry.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great choice, Anne! It's such a beautiful product! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  21. I am totally with you on looking like a reptile in the Winter, as I have dry skin, and it's awful at the minute! I haven't heard of this brand before, but it sounds amazing! I really need to get my hands on it!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you can be the lizard and I'll be the snake! xx No, in all seriously, Jasmyne has really helped me this winter - I've barely seen any dry patches yet which is MIRACULOUS compared to what it was last year! You should definitely give some products a go!
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  22. I'm having problem with my lips. It's becoming too dry since last 3/4 days. Usually I don't face this in every winter. Should I try this? Or what would be best for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Amimul, thanks very much for reading! To answer your question, if your whole area of skin is becoming dry, I do recommend switching up your skincare routine to include more products such as these for nourishment. However, for just dry lips, purchasing a lip balm (not a chapstick) will do you the world of good, and they're very cheap. I'm loving the ones from the body shop at the moment - you can check them out here: https://www.thebodyshop.com/en-gb/range/raspberry/born-lippy-pot-lip-balm-raspberry/p/p000365
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  23. Such a wonderful blog post Marina! Everything from this range sounded incredible, I'll definitely be checking out Jasmyne products. I particularly loved the sound of the Skin Secrets Golden Elixir Face Oil. It sounds like it'd be great for when my skin is more dry. xx

    Lula Mercer
    www.lulamercer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lula, that really means a lot! x It's fabulous that you'll be checking out the products - they're honestly such amazing quality. The oil is a fantastic choice - so golden and glorious haha! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  24. Thank you very much, Denesh! x
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never heard of this brand but I am so intrigued! Thanks for sharing this Marina!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Rach, thanks so much for coming and learning about Jasmyne! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie x

      Delete
  26. Looks like a great product for people with dry skin. I have combination skin and am now getting dry patches and a bit of flaking on my nose and forehead. A lot of moisturizer in the evening seems to do the trick, though.

    Thank you for sharing these products with us.

    livia
    www.liviaclaireblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Livia! x Yes, a bit of patchiness and flakiness is standard for this time of year, hun - these moisturisers have definitely been doing the trick for me at the moment! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie x
      Marin

      Delete
  27. I love this. I have never heard of these products but they sound really nice.
    http://teresabateybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very appreciative of your support Teresa - thanks for reading and loving the products!
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  28. I love natural product. This brand sounds really nice.

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I Gemma - so much better for the skin! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  29. I am not familiar with this brand at all and I think this is the first time I'm reading about it too. Do you know how's the availability in Canada?

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Shireen, lovely to see you here! xx I reckon they do ship to Canada if you take a little peak on the website - Gayle is really good with postage! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  30. OMG These skin care line looks and sounds sooo good. Love everything about it. The ingredients are fantastic. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful day. xoxo Cris
    https://photosbycris.blogspot.com.au/p/shop-my-style.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly so good Cris! xx Amazing TLC for the skin! Have an amazing Christmas gorgeous! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  31. never heard of this brand but their products sound amazing
    Wonder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've been positively obsessed with Jasmyne! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  32. i LOVE discovering new skin care brands. my skin always needs some extra tlc during the winter months, i load it up with all the moisturiser i can get!

    katie. xx lacoconoire.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're literally ME katie - slather that face in essential oils! So glad to have been able to introduce you to a brand such as Jasmyne at such a good time! xx
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete
  33. Thank you very much Denesh! xx
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  34. My wife swears by Lush products. Do you use these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do indeed! Lush is such a fabulous brand - I love their face masks and cleansers but, as they're so natural, they need to be kept in the fridge which is slightly annoying! x
      Lots of love,
      Marina Rosie xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment - I do my utmost to read and reply to every single one of them.